Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If a person tested positive for a drug test after an

Customer Question
accident at work, however it's...
If a person tested positive for a drug test after an accident at work, however it's been over a week since the test and the employer hasn't said anything and the person is still working, and they have not signed Workman's comp paperwork, is it possible the employer didn't see it or let it go? Sorry for the run-on sentence.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: At will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The person wanted to know if they can tell a future employer ad well.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
10/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

It is certainly possible, but unlikely. It is more likely that the employer hasn't received the drug test yet, is waiting on a secondary confirmation test before taking action, or waiting on the advice of an attorney to know the best way to move forward.

The employer can tell future employers anything that is true.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If the person refuses to sign the Workman's comp paperwork, will the employer still see the results?

The employer would get the results or a notice that you refused to release them (depends on what paperwork you have signed already).

Either way, the employer can make a termination decision.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer