Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am awaiting EEOC Mediation to schedule a date. My employer…

Hello, I am awaiting...

Hello, I am awaiting EEOC Mediation to schedule a date. My employer has agreed to mediate. Question is if settlement Is settlement news released to any sources such as collection services?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WI

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I assume at will full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is an Age Discrimination claim. I an totally qualified for position but not offered opportunity for interview. The employer is a school district. A person under 40 hired I was 60 at date of action

10/12/2017
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Can you please clarify your question. What collection services are you referring to?

National credit card services and national bank
Not interested in additional fees. So please give me answer to questions
Are u there or have I just been taken?

You have not been 'taken'. I'm sorry for the delay. I will opt out so another Expert can assist you.

socrateaser, Lawyer

Different contributor here. A settlement under an EEOC mediation is strictly confidential. No information is released to anyone -- except that the employer will be required to report the settlement payment to the IRS, and you will receive a 1099-Misc form to reflect the settlement payment received.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer