Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am awaiting EEOC Mediation to schedule a date. My employer

Hello, I am awaiting EEOC...
Hello, I am awaiting EEOC Mediation to schedule a date. My employer has agreed to mediate. Question is if settlement Is settlement news released to any sources such as collection services?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WI
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I assume at will full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is an Age Discrimination claim. I an totally qualified for position but not offered opportunity for interview. The employer is a school district. A person under 40 hired I was 60 at date of action
10/12/2017
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Can you please clarify your question. What collection services are you referring to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
National credit card services and national bank
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not interested in additional fees. So please give me answer to questions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are u there or have I just been taken?

You have not been 'taken'. I'm sorry for the delay. I will opt out so another Expert can assist you.

socrateaser, Lawyer

Different contributor here. A settlement under an EEOC mediation is strictly confidential. No information is released to anyone -- except that the employer will be required to report the settlement payment to the IRS, and you will receive a 1099-Misc form to reflect the settlement payment received.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer