Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I am a Certified Flight Instructor making an hourly wage of

Customer Question

I am a Certified Flight Instructor making an hourly wage of $40/hr in Pueblo, Colorado. Is it mandatory for my employe to pay me Overtime for anything over 40/wk? Dave
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: As written above, it's Colorado.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Yes, anything that you work over 40 hours in a week requires that you receive overtime. Additionally, under Colorado law, overtime also includes time worked more than 12 hours in a day or shift. You could potentially recover not only the amount of overtime that you should have received plus a penalty amount equal to the amount that you were not paid.