Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I just want to make sure that my info, question and answer…

Customer Question
Hello, I just want...

Hello, I just want to make sure that my info, question and answer is not posted anywhere. I will like it all to be anonymous. Thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ma and it is about employment law

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time salary agreement

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Educational institution is the employer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I want to know if it is "lawful" to request a change from full time to part time before the end of the agreement date. Also what are my rights as an employee if my employer states that "I have to fulfill" current agreement and/or that such requested change in terms of work load are "not possible". What should come next? I want to either continue with a change or leave in good terms by my requested date of Dec. 31st of 2017. Is that "legally possible"? What are the details regarding payments of salaries, etc. Will I be able to request "workers compensation" while I seek a new option of employment? Is there a time by I should start looking for another "job" after this "issue" has been addressed? , etc. I just want to know what are my options if I no longer accept the current working load for the number of months left in the "year long salary agreement with letter of contractual content" that continues after my requested Dec date.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What does your contract state specifically about hours of work? Specifically, what does it say about termination of the employment and also about whether your employment is at will or not?

Tina, Lawyer