Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am currently on FLMA, I take this leave intermittently. I…

Customer Question
I am currently on...

I am currently on FLMA, I take this leave intermittently. I will be needed to take a week off during which time will be under FMLA. Our employee handbook and FLMA paperwork stated I need to substitute my medical leave and vacation to be paid while on FMLA. When it is exhausted the FMLA is unpaid. My employer came to me oct 3rd and said they will not allow me to use my accrued medical or vacation for the time I have to take. I sent a email recapig the conversation and quoted the handbook where the policy says I can use it. I was told they were going to talk to their lawyers and get back to me by the end of week. The very next day they rewrote the handbook policy for this. Are they allowed to do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will- full time salary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are requiring me to sign it by the end of the day

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Hi, I haven’t forgotten about you. I’m just wrapping up with another customer and I will be with you shortly.