Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

For the last few years there has been ongoing and escalating…

Customer Question
For the last few...

For the last few years there has been ongoing and escalating age discrimination, retaliatory incidents I believe due to my filing an OSHA Complaint in 2015. Extreme and undue stress due to dilapidated factory and machinery, working 12 hr shifts for the last 2 yrs+, also unfair treatment concerning the other supervisor. I am a 3rd shift production supervisor. I am 57 yrs old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm sorry. Indiana.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full-time. But I also believe Indiana is an at will state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told to be at a meeting this morning to discuss an incident that happened Thursday morning. But I told them I could not attend. Now they want to know if I quit.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you? I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
How expensive can it be to file a lawsuit against my employer? Is the case something that could successfully be litigated in Indiana? What should I do about my job? Since I didn't attend a meeting they want to know if I have quit?
I have tried twice to switch to call me and it won't progress past the authorize extra pymt screen. I hope my account won't be charged twice.
Tried again same thing, click call me button, enter phone number and nothing else.

Normally a lawyer would handle on contingency fee basis. Retaliation would be illegal. Often such claims will lead to settlement.

Only one charge. I am not set up for a call. You want to find local counsel to handle on contingency fee basis.

Martindale.com and avvo.com are great options for that, and i would prepare a timeline of events to help build and present the case! Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.

Its all good.we can type no biggie.

Is my reply acceptable? can I clarify anything?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer