Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was recently terminated from unemployment of 16 and a half…

Customer Question
I was recently terminated...

I was recently terminated from unemployment of 16 and a half years due to an error in medication that was prescribed by my pain management doctor that a warning to human resources was ignored . I'll have the emails stating the doctor feels that I may be a hazard working as a paramedic in performing life-saving procedures and driving the vehicles. My pain management doctor increased my medication after human resources and department heads received his letter. We have a grievance process in which we can appeal the decisions that were made and I plan on appealing my termination. But I don't know how to start out with the process, is there any advice you can give me on what I need to

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina and I'm still considered

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I'm still considered a workers compensation employee. I know this job is not at work at will or Union. I work full-time for 16 and a half years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know how to write a professional grievance letter for appeal letter so I can appeal this and get my job back hopefully. Also my department head knew that I was having trouble and did not asked if everything was okay. From the doctor sent the letter out no one from management or human resources contacted me to see if I was okay or that I needed to be put back out of work on workers comp.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What specific questions do you have for us, since we cannot actually write the letter for you and as such you asking us specific questions would help get you more specifically helpful information?

Tina, Lawyer