Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employment contract states that I only have to work

Customer Question
off-site (in other states) for...
My employment contract states that I only have to work off-site (in other states) for 3 4-week segments (12 weeks) per year. They've recently informed me that I need to do an additional 4-week segment out of state, and that if I don't do it, I won't be paid. Is this fair?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Definitely not union, and full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you :)
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From facts mentioned, their demand violates the contract. Also, even if it didnt violate the contract, they cannot refuse to pay you which violates NY labor law and the fair labor standards act

Infolawyer, Lawyer