Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm on disability and lost my job all because my surgeon…

Customer Question
I'm on disability and...

I'm on disability and lost my job all because my surgeon wasn't paying attention to my pain, spasms, swollen and oozing broken leg that he should have fixed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

After my leg erupted with infectioning november of 2016 i had 4 surgeries one with the quack and 2 with a new team of surgeons. I'm learnin to walk without assistance, but it's with a big limp and a brace.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I broke my leg on July 5th had surgery on July 7th and was released on July 9th to Desert Cove nursing center of 2016 - after being released from the nursing center on July 22nd I was giving home health care for a nurse PT & OT.
I had the PT all the way up till the end of October.While I was in the nursing center I saw MacQueen he took a x-ray then told me that the bone looks good and I could put 30% weight baring on my leg and to come back in 4 weeks (I think). When I went to go see him in 4 weeks same thing x-ray, but this time I could put 100% weight baring on my leg, I asked the dr. why is my leg still swollen, with lots off pain, why is it hot , why the spasams and hard as a stone, he's response was that it will take time ;This went on till November 2016. (in between my friend Joyce and I asked the dr for antibiotics because of the oozing OUR suggestion not his)Now what I haven't said is that through this whole time I had a dime size scab that would ooze out clear liquid, my 2 other 10 inch incisions closed up good, but that scab was always there andit would ooze I told the dr about it he didn't seem to care all he asked me was if I had a fever and I said no but my leg is hot, he told me to keep a eye out for me if I were toget a fever.in November I started out patient therapy twice a week I'm still not at work I still can't walk without the walker and without pain, swollen, spasams, oozing and hardness on my leg.I was so gun ho about walking again that I did my therapy at home and and at 360 (therapy place), I was about 2 1/2 weeks into it that my leg got so hot, harder and bigger I couldn't really do anything to it, the therapist said don't put any pressure on it so I had to go and rent a wheel chair again. The day after Thanks giving I notice liquid coming out of one right incision then the left it was only a little bit so I called my primery care DR.sent her some pictures and we both agreed that it was infected so she sent me some antibiotics dr macqeens office would say when i called if its an emergency hang up and dial 911 or if it's the hospital leave a message, So i kept a eye on it all weekend long , sunday night the left incision started pouring out it erupted. waited till monday morning to call the surgeon got in to see him that's when his eyes and face cared me cause he told me that this shouldn't have happened and that i needed surgery, so i wouldn't lose my leg or have a skin graph..This whole time it was me and my friend always asking why is it still not right and he never had a real answer, he never did a ct scan or a mri to see why my leg wasn't healing like it should or even ask why still all these symtoms.I think these whole time my leg was having a fever but not me and why didn't he figure it out?That Monday I went to the hospital got a ct scan had Surgery on Tuesday to remove infection, I was told by macqueen that he got it all didn't have to remove the metal plates that were in my leg and I should be going home on Thursday "LIE" about an hour later he calls me and tells me that he sent the scan to a friend of his and he doesn't feel he could help me anymore that he wouldn't be confortable in being my surgeon so that he will be sending me to Chandler Reginol Hospital and I will be under DR. Geers care TOTALLY THE BEST THING HE HAS DONE FOR ME, Wednesday I went to Chandler I had surgery to have a port put into my chest for antibiotics they went through my neck. Thursday I had surgery again to remove the metal plates and scrape some bone cause all that was infected the fallowing monday i had surgery again.Now I'm back to square 1, I can't walk can't work nurses visits, OT and PT and I was told that I might need knee replacement and it might take 4 more months, all this cause I shattered my tibia and macqueen wasn't listening to what I was telling him. If he doesn't or didn't think he did anything wrong Why did he push me off to someone else and why did he say

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this issue?

Are you asking about the potential for a malpractice claim against those who were treating you?