Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

TRUCK DRIVER AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE HONEST…

Customer Question
I AM A TRUCK...

I AM A TRUCK DRIVER AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE HONEST COMPENSATION PER HOUR AS A DRIVER?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

THE STATE IS CALIFORNIA AND THE TRUCK IS 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

THAT IS AN OTHER PROBLEM I WAS OFFER THE JOB AS A MILLEGE PAY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

SO FAR I THIN THA IS IT

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Generally, truckers are paid per mile. A majority of trucking companies pay between $0.28 and $0.40 cents, and some pay up to $0.45 cents per mile (for more experienced drivers). This is considered standard.

If you were to be paid hourly, majority of truckers would be paid between $15.00 and $25.00 an hour. However, hourly pay is unusual; most pay is done in miles.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.