Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I told my employer that I shake because I have a tremor.

Customer Question
I told my employer...

I told my employer that I shake because I have a tremor. Since then he set a letter stating that he asked if I needed any accommodations which I responded no. He seems to be taking away responsibilities due to my numbers not being above 100% claiming he wants me to just focus on my responsibilities without extra duties so I can make my numbers again. Am I in fear that a paper trail has been started?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

A paper trail is only going to be effective if you are not meeting the company standard. But that would be a problem regardless of your admission that you have a tremor. If your numbers are lower than everyone else, then you have reason to fear for your job and your disability wouldn't really play into it.

However, if your numbers are not the worst, then the employer can't really create a paper trail that would be helpful to them. Your numbers wouldn't be the worst, and then it would just look like intentional discrimination based on the earlier question about whether or not you needed accommodation.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.