Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I looking to see how to ask employer after being assaulted…

Customer Question
Hi I looking to...

Hi I looking to see how to ask employer after being assaulted by ther consumer

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Non profit organization and it happened last night as I was on the job with the consumer or org. I work as a supportive living aide for a 57 adult male with developemental disibilties(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

I work as a home support aide for a consumer with developmental disibilites and was not aware by my employer of his previous assaults with other staff members. He assaulted me the 3rd week on my job and no steps in assisting him or me were made per proper protocol according to my training. That night right after the incident happpened my supervisor informed me to go home and stated that her conclusion is that the consumer is not a good match for me and referred me to HR recruitor to look for another positon with another department. I felt scared and emotionally stressed during the assault and have internal bruises and now left with no position for me. What advise can you give me toward the next step? I work for a non profit org. in Mission Hills, CA. My start date was on Sept 7 2017
04 October 2017 11:56I work as a home support aide for a consumer with developmental disibilites and was not aware by my employer of his previous assaults with other staff members. He assaulted me the 3rd week on my job and no steps in assisting him or me were made per proper protocol according to my training. That night right after the incident happpened my supervisor informed me to go home and stated that her conclusion is that the consumer is not a good match for me and referred me to HR recruitor to look for another positon with another department. I felt scared and emotionally stressed during the assault and have internal bruises and now left with no position for me. What advise can you give me toward the next step? I work for a non profit org. in Mission Hills, CA. My start date was on Sept 7 2017

Thank you

But I do not understand what you mean by

What advise can you give me toward the next step?

It what regard?

What is it you are trying to accomplish?