Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I recently filed an FCHR/EEOC complaint with an employer…

Customer Question
I recently filed an...

I recently filed an FCHR/EEOC complaint with an employer where I am a part time employee. They just responded and facts are untrue. I have my performances review today with person I filed claim against. Should I go to review or postpone it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Even though you have filed a complaint, you still have to follow your employer's instructions and attend performance reviews or other meetings. Failign to do so could be independent grounds for disciplinary action. Filing an EEOC complaint does not exempt you from this. I would attend and try to be as civil as possible.