Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My friend works at the Oklahoma City airport in the American…

Customer Question
My friend works at...

My friend works at the Oklahoma City airport in the American Airlines baggage office. She had to take off work for minor scope surgery on her knee. After the surgery, she developed blood clots on her lungs, and was placed in ICU for about 2 weeks. After that, she developed a hematoma on her knee that kept her in the hospital longer. She is now in a nursing home facility that provides short term physical therapy. The doctor at the nursing home is refusing to sign the FMLA papers, and will not release her to go to her primary care doctor for an appointment. The nursing home doctor will not give her a letter stating that he refuses to sign the FMLA papers and give a reason why. She thinks she is in danger of losing her job. What should she do to protect her employment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Let me find out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Has the doctor given a reason for refusing to cooperate?

Tina, Lawyer