Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My supervisor, employer (School System), altered my time…

Customer Question
My supervisor, employer (School...

My supervisor, employer (School System), altered my time sheet (legal document) by drawing a line through special mandatory training. I contacted Labor Cabinet to see if payment was mandatory. I was assured I would be paid, then called to a meeting and reprimanded (job was threatened) over contacting state.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Do you as an employee have to sign a document that you disagree with? Is this insubordination?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time / hourly employee 17 years of service / no prior reps

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is good enough for now (BUS DRIVER)

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 10 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

You have a case for retaliation that you can bring with the labor cabinet as well. It is illegal to be retaliated against for filing a claim. Clearly, the employer violated the law by not paying for the mandatory training and will pay that now. However, a peer to want to retaliate against you for filing a claim. Generally the way you would sign something you don't agree with it to say sign for receipt only. Then you can go pursue your claim for retaliation.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.