Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My company may be for sale and I'm looking for a sample of a…

Customer Question
My company may be...

My company may be for sale and I'm looking for a sample of a retention letter to retain certain employees during the transition process or enhanced severance payout. Which is better for this situation and the difference between both letters

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I only discussed portions of the sale process

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon
I do not see your response to my question.
I believe what you would need is an employee retention agreement.An Employee Retention Agreement is designed to help retain valuable employees during periods of transition.If your company is being sold, you can use an Employee Retention Agreement to entice valuable employees to remain at the company, so that you can keep running your business without interruption.Here is a sample of an agreement.https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-and-samples/hr-forms/pages/cms_015128.aspxI hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer