Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a social services worker for a company that sends me to…

Customer Question
Good Morning, I am...

Good Morning, I am a social services worker for a company that sends me to other buildings as a contracted worker. I have endured sexual harassment in one of the buildings by my direct supervisor in that building. Which is employed by the co I am contracted to work for though my co. After my complaint to my immediate supervisor I have been given no other choice but to resign or return to work in a small office setting with my harasser and his wife. What rights do I have?I am still employed with my Co just working 20 hours less a week at another location. I have lost my hours and all benefits.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time with my emplyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the employer will not take action upon your report of sexual harassment, then your next step is filing a complaint to the EEOC and letting the EEOC investigate and giving you a right to sue letter to allow you to proceed to court. You should not quit yet, you should file your complaint and follow it through and take them to court and keep working and the more distress it causes you, the higher the value of your case against the employer as well. The employer not removing you from the abuser would mean they are willful and malicious and can allow you to seek punitive damages against the employer in addition to your actual damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.