Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in North Carolina and my company is hiring some part…

Customer Question
I live in North Carolina...
I live in North Carolina and my company is hiring some part time help. What information do I need and how do I do a background check on the person I'd like to hire? They are going to be dealing with private customer info, so it's important to know who I'm hiring. Thanks so much.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

[In these scenarios I reccommend employers hire a reputable agency to do background checks on potential. This is because the FCRA requires agencies adhere to various regulations. Further, if you as an employer run the same check you subject yourself to having to comply with the FCRA in some instances. Wat you'll want to look for is financial and data crimes. If you become aware of someone's propensity to steal from consumers, and hire them regardless, then you become exposed to potential liability.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Thanks so much. What terms should I Google to find such an Agency?

"Backgound check" pulls up a fair amount of agencies. Hope this answers your questions. Thanks.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.