Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My CEO has continue to send emails whereby he has stated he…

Customer Question
My CEO has continue...

My CEO has continue to send emails whereby he has stated he hates me, etc. Tuesday of last week he physically threaten to throw me against the wall. I was in closed door with him although after sending an official email, he admitted he was only trying to diffuse the situation. Other I believe heard it, although it it a private company and only ex-employees will come forward - as they to were pushes physically by the CEO.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes, I sent my official letter by email and received response back by the CEO and not anything in writing from HR.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a full time salaried employee - as the personal assistant to the President.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not sure what is needed...but have supporting emails to show negative comments leading up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
10/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before prov and iding a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think the ceo had an ulterior motive in treating you in this way, perhaps your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?

John, Employment Lawyer