Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

We have an employee that has been quite a challenge in the…

Customer Question
We have an employee...

We have an employee that has been quite a challenge in the workplace. She has worked here for 5 months, and things have become quite challenging. She is in the receptionist position, and has been disrespectful to her immediate supervisor, our students, and potential clients. She spends a lot of time gossiping around the office, and not working She spend time on facebook

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, BC Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full-time no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What I want to know is if we can let her go with two weeks notice. Without being sued.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. No basis for being sued. The termination is proper and for cause. If you choose offer a small severance in exchange for a general release. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!