Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My manager threatened detriments against me before leaving…

Customer Question
My manager threatened detriments...

My manager threatened detriments against me before leaving on my fmla because I was taking it and my company terminated my position due to an alledged reorg but I was the only one in my department to be let go Im currently on short term disability and fmla

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Do I have a case?
9/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Yes, you may very well have a case for FMLA retaliation, which is against the law. Courts have held that a jury must PRESUME that an employer was motivated by FMLA retaliation when an employee's job is eliminated while they are on FMLA leave, and it is then up to the employer to disprove that presumption. This legal presumption helps you out a lot because it means you don't need as much evidence to win your case. Circumstantially, there is strong evidence here of FMLA retaliation. I would retain a local employment attorney as soon as possible.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.