Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I quit my job on health ground. After a month of treatment…

Customer Question
I quit my job...

I quit my job on health ground. After a month of treatment my doctor gave me a letter that I could work. Then I filled for unemployment insurance benefits. Will I be granted benefits?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

"at will " and was full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. The Labor Dept denied my claim and I requested a hearing. The Dept scheduled a telephone hearing and I told the ALJ that I wanted to defer because I had no attorney and would like to be physically present at the hearing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. What specific questions did you have for me regarding this?