Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Who do I talk 2 if I was wrongfully terminated with no

Customer Question
Who do I talk...

Who do I talk 2 if I was wrongfully terminated with no explanation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

They want answer any of my calls all they did was sent a picture to my phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't think so and full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

All I wanna know was they suppose to have explained y I was taken off scheldule I don't have any documentation or anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear of this. What State are you in? Also, why do you believe you were wrongfully terminated? Do you have a contract?

I am in memphis tn and no I do not have no contract

Thank you for the reply. In Tennessee, employers may legally terminate an employee at any time for any reason, or for no reason without incurring legal liability. However, an employer may not discriminate against any employee on the basis of the employee's race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, or disability. If one of these are present, you can sue and should speak with an employment law attorney, who can look over the facts and see if there is a valid cause of action. I know this is not ideal but if they no longer wanted to keep you on ( and I am not sure why), they could terminate you and they do not have to even tell you why.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

What is eeoc and what does they do
How much did you guys charge me

If you believe you have been discriminated against by an employer, labor union or employment agency when applying for a job or while on the job because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or believe that you have been discriminated against because of opposing a prohibited practice or participating in an equal employment opportunity matter, you may file a charge of discrimination with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). All laws enforced by EEOC, (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (Title VII), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), except the Equal Pay Act (EPA), require filing a charge with EEOC before a private lawsuit may be filed in court.

Customer service can assist with any issue regarding the charge, as I do not have any information on that. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.