Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can you respond to employee law questions? Full time. I am…

Customer Question
Can you respond to...

Can you respond to employee law questions?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time. I am not sure of the meaning of at will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive employment law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

What is your question?

I cannot read the above.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

What do you mean?

your first message is too blurry for me to read clearly. Perhaps you can email me your final answer.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

Unfortunately, we can only communicate through this chat thread.

Are you able to read the following:

What is your question?

I feel I am being manipulated by my manager. She begins closed door meetings with very emotionally intense discussions about her emotional crisis and her desire to die. I assume the role of therapist/caretaker. Once she is calmer the conversation moves to tasks she needs taken off her plate. When I invite her to discuss her problems outside of work she declines.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

Thank you for that information. I am not sure that I can help you with this matter, so I will opt-out and allow another expert to assist you.

Please do not respond to this message as it will put your question back in my queue.

Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am very sorry to hear this. I think you need to notify your HR department for a couple of reasons. 1. if something happens to your manager, somehow you could be held responsible for not bringing forth information about suicidal tendencies. 2. You need to have a written records of your concerns for any future litigation or claims you may wish to pursue.

Thank you. I will discuss the matter with HR.

Be sure you submit your concerns in writing as well as you want to have a written record.

IF you have no further question, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. However, any additional questions I am happy to answer.