Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I applied for a job and they informed me that something is…

Customer Question
I applied for a...

I applied for a job and they informed me that something is on my background. The only thing I know is over 20 years old. I collected welfare my two sons then they were 7 and ten. I had a job through a temp agency and maybe worked three times a week but I had to pay back the food stamps and the money. So is this still showing up on my background check.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I check with the state of Minnesota and they said there is no criminal record is showing on me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want this to come off my record because the jobs

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.