Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can a company cancel your health insurance when you are

Customer Question
Can a company cancel...

Can a company cancel your health insurance when you are still under a doctors care

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

The only lawyer here is the employers lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time for 27 years until open heart surgery in June.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They haven't fired him but cut him back from full time to part time without telling him. tthats how they stopped his insurance

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

No, it cannot. If it does the company could be reported and be held personally liable for the medical expenses and ensuring policy reinstated.

My concern is that I'm also employed by this company and the only one working. My husband has been employed by them for 28 years, full time, management up until he got sick in June and had a triple bypass done. There were complications and he still is not back at work. They said because his FLMA ran out that his insurance did too.

when insurance is being cancelled there has to be notice and it cannot be done in a discriminatory manner. It can be raised with HR by counsel or employee directly.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”