Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My wife tripped at McDonalds and broke 5 ribs and ruptured…

Customer Question
My wife tripped at...

My wife tripped at McDonalds and broke 5 ribs and ruptured spleen. they wrote up a report on the incident.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Mississippi we have medical records and email dialogue with Mcdonalds

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

They made the report, we made a video of the location where she tripped

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My wife is still seeing doctors concerning her ribs and spleen

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am very sorry that your wife was injured and I hope she recovers easily.

This is a type of personal injury case referred to as a slip and fall. McDonald's may very well be responsible for her injuries depending on what caused her to slip and fall. This means the condition of the floor in regard to cleanliness, wetness, etc.

You are far better off at least meeting with a local personal injury attorney regarding this situation. The attorneys who do this work will take it on a contingency basis - this means there are no attorney's fees charged to you unless you receive an award or settlement. Most importantly the attorneys have access to the expert witnesses who can support your your wife's case by testifying about her injuries and what caused the fall. People who represent themselves do not have access to necessary expert witnesses.

This link can help you find a local attorney who can help you:

https://www.lawyers.com/personal-injury/mississippi/find-law-firms-by-city/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald