Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Getting Harassed at work by employee's and management what…

Customer Question
Getting Harassed at work...

Getting Harassed at work by employee's and management what do I do to stop THIS

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington and we're also union that does nothing to help me except one union rep called union rep to tell him that she felt I was being harassed and he has done nothing to help

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at will and yes full time yes there is more. i type slow. ill try to hurry

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

Why are you being harassed?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Some of my direct co workers and Leads don’t like me and are causing me harassment problems every day. Im not their family or friend or even their (race) and am not getting treated equally. I am in a seniority position that is preferable to others because of full time hours and days off. Other coworkers want my spot and harass me all the time trying to get me out of my position. I react to them after the harassment by being defensive and protective because I don’t feel they should be treating me like that. My union rep is too busy to help. 1 of the union stewards that was present for one of the meetings also feels I am being “railroaded”, her words in a voicemail to the rep. Management and HR is blaming me and gathering incriminating statements from them. It has come to the point to where I cant even talk to anyone because they lie and call it aggressive. Never take into consideration that the people are harassing me first. All of the people that don’t like me gather together and get interviewed by HR and I feel they are being coaxed and coerced into what to say to incriminate me.
I prefer type correspondences. I have a terrible memore.
Management HR is currently wanting me to apply for a different bid job (position) within the plant or move to a different shift to rid the drama from the area. This is not a fix, to me. It took me 5 YEARS to get to where I'm at and their harassment is going to harm my hard 5 years of work. Stressing me out enough to be on 2 different anxiety medications and causing serious sleep problems because of the stress. Im rambling now I think. I'll wait for next response.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly disregard the phone call offer. I did not make it. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

I am sorry once more to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against the company with Washington Human Rights Commission or U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to stop this harassment. You do not need an Attorney to file your complaint.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law