Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a notice from unemployment stating I need to had a…

Customer Question
I have a notice...

I have a notice from unemployment stating I need to had a claims examiner interview due to " you may have been separated for misconduct in connection with your work':

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At Will in the state of NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes- I started working at my job September 19th, 2016. After about the 1st week, I was treated badly by the manager and an assistant manager- kept out of the loop. I was hired to be a Leasing Consultant, hourly pay plus commission and I was told I would be "trained on what to do, that there was a lot to learn, and they knew it would take a while to be able to learn it all". My first earned commission was denied to me because my boss told me I did not deserve to be paid the commission. I sheepishly accepted this but knew it was not true. The rule at this office was whomever toured the prospect received the commission bonus. I had a Realtor call to make an appointment, which I made and toured. After the tour, the manager told me the Realtor's client had been on line before ever even meeting the Realtor and she was not sure the Realtor would be paid at all. My boss was to let me know whether or not a commission by the Realtor would be paid. When the Realtor called to inquire, since I did not know the status of whether or not she would be paid, I forwarded the phone on to the manager who was irate that I had done that. This occurred within the first 6-8 weeks of employment there. I also needed help with learning various computer programs , and other applications which made the manager upset. There is much more I need to write

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us about this situation?

I want to speak with some one on the phone. Since I cannot at this time, please cancel my account and refund my credit card please.
I do not want to type this and I want help now while I have the time and privacy I need to do so.
Please confirm my account is canceled and my money returned by e mailing me at***@******.***
I will contact a NJ Employment attorney on the phone.