Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a question about employment law. It is an story that

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question about employment law
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: It is an long story that started years ago. I have resigned my position because of how this person has treated me in the past (which was documented with HR), however, I haven't documented the incident that made me decide to resign.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Colorado Is an "at will" state and I was working for a Sheriff so there's an issue there. As an elected official he could fire at any time. I worked there for 21 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What made me finally decide to resign my position was my boss (the Undersheriff) screaming at me telling me to "shut up" and he would "f**king fire" me.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Ok, I had a chance to review your situation. What other questions did you have for me?

Tina, Lawyer