Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Dpt of labor philadelphia told me they had my payment

Customer Question
Dpt of labor philadelphia...

Dpt of labor philadelphia told me they had my payment waiting for me they now state they dont and they lied to me more than once in this matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Hr?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Been terminated by me the results of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can you bring suit against the dept of labor for not abiding with results of a federal labor board decision

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If the agency does not remit an acknowledged and owing payment, you may pursue a claim. A lawyer can send a demand letter. If needed, a lawsuit can be filed to compel payment and recover costs and fees.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

awaiting your reply, thank you.

Tina, Lawyer