Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If you have two bosses and they give you guidelines as to…

Customer Question
If you have two...

If you have two bosses and they give you guidelines as to the way they want things done and you get praised when they profit from your efforts but when it goes south then they reprimand you publically in front of other co-workers and change the rules threatening if you do this again your fired. This goes on all the time and then weeks later they have you going back to the same routine. I , also at the last one of these told them if they had a problem to call me into a private room and admonish me as I was uncomfortable with everyone knowing my business. Apparently, they did not comply. There are other issues as well. I am not a disgruntled employee I just want to know if I have any grounds for concern?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time no union

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok but as I said its just a question at this point
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

I am sorry you are dealing with what sounds like two-faced supervisors.

Unfortunately, the circumstances you have described do not give rise to any legal recourse, unless there was discrimination or sexual harassment. There is unfortunately no protection in California for supervisors treating you poorly. Believe me, I wish there was, as I have had to deal with bad supervisors before.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.