Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How about if your complaint is against your union

Customer Question
Second opinion] How about...

Second opinion] How about if your complaint is against your union leadership?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Have not discussed with HR but this is a personality clash

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I didnt want to talk to a lawyer right now its late . so Ill access the site tomorrow

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. I"m not sure I understand your question. Can you explain what is going on in a bit more detail? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

I wanted to know what actions could I take against an officer whom has negatively impacted my ability to be an officer because of her personal dislike for me

Thank you.

This would likely be regarded as an internal political matter within the union and not something for which outside recourse would be available through the court system. If the officer make false statements of fact about you, that could give rise to a claim for defamation. But if this was simply political maneuvering out of dislike for you and all union rules were properly abided by, you generally would not have legal recourse.