Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Does my health benefits cease when my husband dies. he was…

Customer Question
Does my health benefits...

Does my health benefits cease when my husband dies. he was po worker for 35yrs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband is 90 and im 78

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

As surviving spouse, if he did take that option on his pension, even though he dies since you are his surviving spouse your benefits would continue under the survivor's benefits provision.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.