Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My girlfriend's father purchased a home in Cleveland, Ohio…

Customer Question
My girlfriend's father purchased a...
My girlfriend's father purchased a home in Cleveland, Ohio and supposedly sold it to another person whom didn't transfer the title into his name.The property was not taken care of and the yard grew out of control.She now has a misdemeanor for improper use of property.We dont know how or what rewlly happened but she has recieved a letter about it.We live in Florida and have never been to Ohio.This is making it hard for us to rent places and impossible to buy a home.We need some help on how to resolve this situation.Any advice would be much appreciated!
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
He purchased the property in her name I forgot to say
9/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

She will need an attorney in that county of Ohio and they will need to file to vacate the judgment against her based on her never owning the house and based on her father transferring the home, which would mean the judgment against her should be void. However, this will need an attorney in OH and they will have to file to get this removed from her record, since she had nothing to do with any of this.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.