Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am so tired of corporate. i work so hard and feel like its…

Customer Question
I am so tired...

I am so tired of corporate crap. i work so hard and feel like its not fair that you can be fired for no reason. And I am not one that can get any assistance. Someone has got to protect us that work hard.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I have been fired and really dont know why. Retaliation is my only guess. I had felt I was being harassed and called home office. GA at will state

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I have just received an appeal from Deot of labor about the employer appeal and it is all lies, they dont have proof to back them up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time, Its alot ot talk abut and I guess I just want to know if I have a leg to stand on. If i have opportunity to sue I would love to open my own bussiness. I am as a loss on how that people can really get away with this. I gave that job my all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

When you state retaliation, you mentioned that you called the home office to complain. Your complaint was about harassment. On what basis were you being harassed? Do you know?

Was it related to your race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent FMLA use?

I haven't seen that you have addressed my questions, so I'll try to answer without the requested information.

Unfortunately, in employment law as it stands today, an employer can terminate an employee with or without cause, at any time. There is no requirement for a warning or progressive discipline. There is no need for a valid reason.

Harassment, by itself, is not illegal. Harassment based on race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent FMLA use is illegal. So, if you were complaining to the home office about that sort of harassment, then the retaliation against you would be illegal. However, if you were just complaining about generalized harassment, not based on one of those protected categories, then the harassment itself and any associated retaliation would not be illegal.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer