Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

The buiiding inspector said .He does not follow state law…

Customer Question
The buiiding inspector said...

The buiiding inspector said .He does not follow state law for using non union labor. The owner formed a fake company to bypass state law.Their are many families in Putnam county the are losing their homes and can't feed their families. To use non union labor he should be paying prevailing wages. James Barzee is paying 10 -15 dollars per hour. He is a millionare

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

No your the first. He has no union agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My name is***** Construction Mananger for the NYPA at Indian point. 50 years of experiance. im 70 years old

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If this person is circumventing state law regarding this, then your recourse is to file a complaint to both the State Department of Labor and also to the state Attorney General, they would have authority to not only investigate, but to enforce the law. If they find he is indeed trying to circumvent the law and is in violation of the law, they will fine him and penalize him or pull his company license for failure to comply with the state laws.

So that is your recourse, filing complaints to the two agencies with authority to investigate these violations and let them pursue him.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.