Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have not received a response for my question and I

Customer Question
I have not received...

I have not received a response for my question and I submitted the $5 deposit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Haven't discussed with hr and I never received the change in my time in writing

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time continuing contract in South Carolina for teachers, but I'm a counselor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this legal and do the school district not have to comply under ADA.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I was told by the school principal where the late start time was that the assistant superintendent for our district told him to tell me I have to sign in the time of the other employees at that school. The late arrival accommodation was in place before I was involuntarily transferred. I have severe asthma and take daily highs dosage meds this is why accommodation is in place. I asked why is this being done he said she said they are not doing that for me this year.
9/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

I have reviewed your post history and I did not see the initial post that you referenced.

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Can I be made to change my hours because the assistant superintendent requested that I change them or am I protected by the ADA since I have been on this alternate start time for five years due to asthma?

Thank you for the information.

You are still protected by the ADA since you have requested for it. If employer refuses to follow the alternate schedule, then you need to file complaint for violation of the ADA.

Best wishes,

I'm in South Carolina employed by a public school district, who would I report the violation to for the complaint.

You need to file complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or with South Carolina Human Affairs Commission.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.