Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been collecting unemployment, and I am also a 1%

Customer Question
member of an LLC. For...
I have been collecting unemployment, and I am also a 1% member of an LLC. For the past 3 weeks, I accepted part time work for a client under the LLC with the intention to get hired as an employee.Since the client billing is monthly, there has been no revenue yet. I blurred the lines between being an employee when in actuality, I have been putting in hours for my LLC which need to be reported as self employment hours, even if there were no earnings. When I realized this, I called unemployment to report the hours.Now they are asking me why I failed to report this in the first place, and I want to be sure I explain this well.They also asked me if I was self-employed since I applied for unemployment benefits. I have been a member of the LLC for years, but not very active until 3 weeks ago because I am usually employed full time. There is no field for me to tell them this. Do I still say yes, even though I have not been very active, until 3 weeks ago? Or do I say no, because I am passive member.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Thanks for posting the new question, you should be able to ask for a phone call under this question. When you do so, reply to me as well so I know and can accept the request.

I will be looking for your request, but I do not always get notice, so send a REPLY as soon as you request the call.

It is showing "agreed," but I am not getting the request. I do not know what is going on.

Blerg. I called paypal. Ill try one more time by posting the question again to see if anything changed.
Can I give you my phone number here, or does it have to be through the portal that seems to be broken?

Thank you for your reply. It seems to be some payment issue. You need to contact our customer service to try to fix it with them if payment was authorized. Sorry for the problems, but I cannot call until that is fixed.