Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

There is a generous amount of reference to title VII and a…

Customer Question
There is a generous...

There is a generous amount of reference to title VII and a hostile working environment being valid only if based on age, race, gender, disability, religion, or national origin. But what if you are a white male? Are you really deemed an unprotected class?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Probably at will full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not off the top of my head.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 10 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 10 months ago

You are not an unprotected class. You are a protected class with the same exact rights as any other class. However, practically, you (and I) have a much harder time proving a discrimination claim.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.