Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I became aware of Plastipak's employment limitations, just a…

Customer Question
I became aware of...

I became aware of Plastipak's employment limitations, just a few yrs ago when a male relative working as junior management, presented a woman's name on a proposal for promotion to management. He was advised that women are NEVER promoted to management positions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This month the Parish Jurymen awarded a tax free benefit to Plastipak for it's contribution to the parish and state as an outstanding employer and contributor to the growth of Rapides Parish. How can this company be rewarded for it's blatant denial of basic civil rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Sent with a hopeful heart!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mary ****** *************** ********************************************

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Plastipak has several mfging facilities in US and abroad. That is probably thousands of employees, and a concrete policy against women in mgmt.!!! Outrageous!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes, Plastipak is an, At Will, employer! Does that give them permission to be discriminatory? I know that their hdqtrs is located in Ohio, and have a large mfging facility in Pineville La. Mary ******* ************* ********************************************

Answered in 1 day by:
9/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under federal and Louisiana law, if this is happening in Rapides Parish, an at will employer is free to hire/fire/promote or demote any employee for any reason EXCEPT based only on the employee's age/race/sex/disability/national origin. If the employer is at will and is committing unlawful discrimination based only on age/race/sex/disability/national origin of the employees, the employees have a right to file a complaint with the EEOC within 1 year of the discriminatory act and the EEOC will investigate and grant the employee or employees a right to sue letter allowing them to proceed to US District Court and sue the employer for their unlawful discrimination.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.