Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need to know if my medical school is discriminating

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know if my medical school is discriminating against me for my ADHD and what my legal recourse against my medical school is for violating my rights under? the ADA

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a formal grievance with my school after conversations with my deans and I have also filed a complaint with the office of civil rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I didnt file for accommodations initially because I was unaware I would need them but after examination in atypical testing conditions I had to but was dismissed and forced to appeal after which I wrote a letter outlining my new strategy for success which included getting accommodations and medication reimbursement but after a top heavy atypical change to my financial package I was without medication for a potion of my final term which impacted my ability to take a needed only quiz with a window of 3 days only for me to request an accommodation for an extension to take the quiz which was denied. I talked to my psychologist about this and he said that other schools give time in a half for this sort of thing coupled with a window of extension for a couple of days for deliverables such as an online quiz.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The school has a duty to accommodate and failure to do so is actionable.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"