Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I lost my job because of a loan my boss gave my husband

Customer Question
I lost my job...

I lost my job because of a loan my boss gave my husband (which I shouldn't have signed but did) At the meeting with my boss his attorney my husband and myself Don said "I was his best employee and always had his back but not this time". I was sent home for three days and then I got the e-mail that he couldn't keep me and they were going to put together an "advantageous severage package" which I still don't have. The meeting took place on Monday 9-18 and e-mail termination notice was on Wednesday 9-20. They want me to come in the office and tomorrow and help someone with urgent issues (Payroll etc)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oh goodness, I knew that. Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

We are an at-will state and I was full time. I was the HR/Office manager. This all happened because of loan my boss made to my husband.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know. When I get the severance package I will want someone to read it. I think the company is going to put the loan given to my husband and work my husband did on his my boss race car

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?