Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I just put my two week notice and my boss walk me out if I…

Customer Question
I just put my...

I just put my two week notice and my boss walk me out if I star may new job wile he paid me can he take the pay from me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Las Vegas Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I'm a Hotel Sales Manager

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From facts mentioned, employer cannot withhold pay or refuse to pay. if employer does that you can complain to the labor department and sue - which is bad risk for the employer and a violation of federal and state law.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!