Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If an employer sent an email and mention medication you are…

Customer Question
If an employer sent...

If an employer sent an email and mention medication you are on and there is a chance that other could see email to find out I’m on medication. Is that violation of privacy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I was full time. I was having some problems with side effects the mess were giving me my supervisor was aware of this and when see sent me the email I was so upset of wanted to quit but asked then to put me on layoff which they did but I do not want to go back due to email

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had worked at company for 21 years and if they would have support & understanding I would have gotten the side effect over I had only been on this new dosage for 2 weeks. It was seizure medication

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Tina, Lawyer