Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been demoted from salary to hour position and

Customer Question
I have been demoted...

I have been demoted from salary to hour position and recently have been getting written up for attendance . I have FMLA and have used all my vacation time like I should but this Company is laying ground work to fire me . I’m 49 and was Supervisor and now im at a Press Tech position this was announced before was offer the position. The are discriminatating against anyone who has FMLA and now 2 people have been terminated both had FMLA

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing right now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

I am sorry to hear that your company is discriminating against you for your use of FMLA.

You may file a discrimination claim against your employer in one of two ways:

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.