Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can a California employer release the results of its

Can a California employer release the results of its employee background checks to a client?

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Generally yes. A background check simply discovers publicly available information. As there are no privacy rights with regard to public information, that public information can be freely shared with others if the employer so chooses.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....