Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If the employee gives a written 2 wk notice of resignation,

Customer Question
If the employee gives...

If the employee gives a written 2 wk notice of resignation, can the employer then tell them that their last day will be the next day and have them escorted out of the building?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Jacksonville fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was no reason for this action. The employee posed no physical threat, made no verbal threats of any kind. When the employee asked why, she got no answer.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
the employer can do so. Effectively the employer is terminating instead of accepting the resignation which means now the employee qualifies for and can file for benefits!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!