Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

Are you in IL. Full time/ school district adminstrator. IL.

HI Are you in IL
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time/ school district adminstrator
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IL
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a question regard contract and my options but there is also another admin seeking assistance regarding an investigation

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

What questions can I help you with,thanks.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am a principal at a school district and have not signed a contract for this school year. Four weeks after the school year had started they switched me to another school, Pre-K. I was told on a Friday that I was being moved the following Tuesday and the district had their attorney present. I was not given notice of the what the meeting was going to be about prior to the meeting. I was also told that move was because there was a need and my experience and skills fit that need. I am not Pre-K certified and this move does not align to my professional goals. Will I be able to obtain another position in another district without they holding my license as they have threaten other personnel?

I would tell you yes since you have no signed contract here.You may also consider an EEOC complaint if you think this is age, race, or sex related.Often they do this and the real reasons here is discrimination and disparate treatment.

EEOC

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

If EEOC finds in your favor you are able to sue employer for discrimination. You might consider such a complaint you might back them off here and be due damages as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated,

Lawyer for you here

lic

IllinoisLawyerFinder Phone Referral Service

Get a 30-minute consultation for no more than $25!

How does your phone service work?

1. Call(###) ###-#### the referral clerk will need only basic information (your name, address, brief description of legal need) and will then refer you to a lawyer in the geographic area requested. (All information provided will be treated as strictly confidential.)

2. Contact the referred lawyer's office to make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. The lawyer will not contact you. Be sure you tell the lawyer you were referred by the Lawyer Referral Service so you will receive the special rate for the first half-hour.

After the initial consultation, you are under no obligation to proceed with the referred lawyer if additional service is needed. It is up to you to authorize the lawyer to proceed on your behalf.