Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

The company employees miscalculated the pension, stating I…

Customer Question
The company employees miscalculated...

The company employees miscalculated the pension, stating I will get less than was written three times by the pension employee or employees and was denied by the legal that does not mention it was miscalculated. Is this worth trying to appeal again. No one reached out I had to go to corporate in April, when I was told they performed an audit and I would get less. Do I have a legal option/

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

HR at Amtrak does not deal with the management pension. The company has it on retirement department I guess it is part of HR, as the letter came from the vice president of HR. The information he was given came from legal which did not mention the fact I was requesting the original amount of money due to the fact I got the original and same quote in November of 2016.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am was a management employee full time since 1995 until September 30,2016

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You said they miscalculated, but is the pension amount they are now saying you are entitled to the actual correct amount based on correct calculations?